Become a member!
Memberships are all processed by IIDA Headquarters, not the Southwest Chapter. If you wish to join, click here. IIDA Memberships run on the calendar year, January thru December. All dues and pricing are subject to change by IIDA Headquarters.
March Member Spotlight:
Where do you find design inspiration?
I love observing how peers in studio approach design problems and hearing their ideas, as well as viewing the works of alumni, upper division students and professors.
If you could have one super power, what would it be and why?
I would highly appreciate the power of global teleportation of myself and objects I carry or people I’m touching. My family often sends boxes to relatives in the Philippines, and I can just imagine how much easier that process would be. Additionally, almost everyone I know would like to travel somewhere, and I’d be more than happy to provide them that opportunity without the obstacles of finances and time.
What is your go-to Karaoke song?
“Build My Life” by Pat Barrett
What has been your most rewarding project?
“The Lemniscate” was an architectural studio midterm project presented at the campus library exhibition and, unintentionally, at a local NOMA event. Creating and presenting the project helped me realize the importance of taking that first step towards approaching others, making friends, and taking opportunities I wouldn’t normally take. I would not have made it as far as I have had I declined taking those first steps.
What is your favorite IIDA Event?
The Student Design Charette
2-4 years coursework resulting in an ID degree, 2-4 years practice, NCIDQ. For more information about becoming a Professional Member, click here.
2-4 years coursework resulting in an ID or architectural degree. For more information about becoming an Associate Member, click here.
2-4 years coursework resulting in an ID or architectural degree. For more information about becoming an Educator Member, click here.
Enrolled in an ID or ARCH program. For more information about becoming a Student Member, click here.
Related field such as landscape architecture, lighting design, architectural photography, etc. For more information about becoming an Affiliate Member, click here.
Manufacturers and dealers of Interior Design products such as carpeting, furniture, textiles and wallcoverings. For more information about becoming an Industry Member, click here.
One of the goals of the Southwest Chapter is to have your membership save you money! If you are actively involved in the chapter – attending and participating in all of the events that we offer (small and large) throughout the year – it is our goal that in essence, your membership will “pay for itself” over the course of the year!
- Special Member pricing to participate and/or attend all Chapter Events (Couture, PRIDE Awards, Connect 4 Build Day, and UnVeiled Trade Fair)
- Special Member pricing for IIDA-sponsored competitions (including Interior Design Competition, Hospitality Design Competition, Will Ching Design Competition, Smart Environments Awards)
- Discounted advertising rates in IIDA publications and on the IIDA Website
Members receive first notice of special events and registration discounts.
- Invitations to chapter and regional meetings, special events, and activities
- Invitation to the IIDA Annual Meeting, when IIDA inducts the new International Board of Directors, celebrates the Titan and Star Award recipients, recognizes Chapters for excellence in initiatives, and welcomes new members of the College of Fellows
- Invitation to the IIDA COOL Gala, where IIDA features winners of the Interior Design Competition
- An opportunity to be celebrated and profiled on the IIDA website under the I AM IIDA section